GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Your rental car in Portugal can be delivered anywhere in the Algarve and Lisbon regions.
- Upon request, we can deliver your car to a Faro or Lisbon address or to a hotel or resort anywhere in the Algarve region. Deliveries in the Lisbon area are subject to a surcharge of € 20.00.
- Our complimentary “rent it here, leave it there” service is available throughout the Algarve area.
- To rent cars in Portugal, the minimum driver’s age is 24.
- Your driver’s license must be valid in Portugal and held for more than 2 years. Please have all necessary documents available when completing your rental contract.
- Vehicle pickup and drop off in the Lisbon or Faro airport between 21:00 and 8:30 are subject to a € 20.00 surcharge. Our rep will meet you at airport’s meeting desk.
- Deliveries to a hotel, villa or other accommodations only between 9:00 and 19:00.
- If you collect your car rental in Algarve and return it in Lisbon (or vice-versa), there will be an extra charge of € 195.00.
- On cars returned excessively dirty, a € 55.00 cleaning fee will be charged.
- We require a valid credit/debit card deposit for security reasons. Cheques or cash cannot be accepted. The credit/debit card deposit will be fully refundable when car is returned damage and loss free. PLEASE NOTE: Without a valid credit/debit card deposit, no rental car can be delivered.
- In the event of an accident, the excess amount of your vehicle will be charged. These are the excess amounts:
- Groups A, B and C – € 950.00
- Groups D, E and F – € 1,500.00
- Groups G through O – € 2,500.00
- By Purchasing the SCDW collision and SPI theft insurances, the required deposit will drop by 50%.
In case the client buy the SCDW collision full Insurance and the SPI theft insurance, the deposit security will be only:
- Groups A, B and C – € 350.00
- Groups D, E and F – € 750.00
- Groups G through O – € 1000.00
- To make a reservation for delivery, you must provide us with your flight number, flight time and departure airport.
- Requests for non-airport delivery must include the delivery address and time. Clients MUST call our contact numbers at least 2 hours before the delivery time to confirm the arrival/booking.
- When completing the reservation form, please confirm that your email address is correct and spelled properly. Without a valid email address we cannot reply to you.
- Reservations must be made no less than 72 hours before your arrival in Portugal to guarantee a booking confirmation.
- Baby/child seats are available free of charge upon request. Please mention your need of a child seat within the reservation form to guarantee availability.
- Each car may have two named drivers. Adding a third driver requires a € 20.00 charge.
HOW TO COLLECT YOUR CAR
- In Faro Airport – Faro Airport – You’ll find the representative YES CAR HIRE ALGARVE at our new CAR PARK P4 – meeting point.
- On leaving the front of the terminal building please continue UNTIL THE END OF TERMINAL BUILDING and the car park 4 it is in front of you just across the road, about 100 meters from the terminal building. If you have a trolley you may wish to follow the road to your right around the edge of the car park. The rep is at the meeting point on the park P4!
Phone numbers if needed are:
- 00351 969787039 or
- 00351 969777854 or
- 00351 962192529 or
- 00351 967779347
- There is a public phone near the arrivals area.
- In Lisbon Airport – Our partner company in Lisbon is AusoCar. Look for a representative agent of Ausocar at the Lisbon Airport car hire rep area. If you don’t find the representative agent, please call our mobile numbers.
- One rental day is equal to 24 hours. Any fraction of time beyond 24 hours is considered as an additional rental day. There is a tolerance period of 2 hours.
- The car hire prices quoted on this site are our best rates. Further discounts cannot be granted.
- Rates for 3 days are 50 % of the 7-day rates.
- Rates for rentals of more than 3 days and less than 7 days are based on the 6-day pro rata .
- Rates for car rentals of more than 7 days are based on the 7-day pro rata .
- Full payment is required upon signing of the rental agreement. Payment must be made with a valid credit card (Visa/Mastercard) or in cash (including foreign currencies). Foreign cheques cannot be accepted.
- Petrol Policy is: SAME to SAME. Means you return the same as received. If 1/2, you return 1/2. If delivered Full you will return Full.
Our standard reservation (without any options) includes:
- Free unlimited mileage within Portugal
- Collision damage waiver (CDW) with excess
- Delivery and return to the airport
- One additional driver
- 1 Free Baby/child seat
- Value added tax (VAT)
Available as optional extras are:
- Excess waiver zero collision (known in Portugal as SCDW collision)
- Theft insurance (SPI theft) to cover damages to damages to windows/glass, locks, and tires-€ 6.00/day
- Personal accident insurance (PAI) – € 4.00/day
- Third driver/additional drivers (€ 20.00 each)
- Insurance for driving in Spain – € 50.00. The optional cross border insurance for Spain only provide road side assistance up to 250 km from the Portuguese border town of Vila Real de Santo Antonio. Beyond 250 km it is the renters responsibility to arrange repair or return of the rental car.
- If bookings “At Your Location hotel in the Algarve”: deliveries /collects at hotel or accommodations in the Algarve will cost between €10.00 and € 55.00according to the address.
- In addition to compulsory third-party insurance, a collision damage waiver (SCDW) and (SPI)theft coverage are provided.
- Optional Collision insurance zero excess SCDW waiver of the excess:
- Groups A, B and C – € 7.00/day (prevents only € 350.00 deposit security)
- Groups D, E and F – € 10.00/day (prevents only € 750.00 deposit security)
- Other Groups – € 15.00/day (prevents only € 1,000.00 deposit security)
- Optional theft insurance (SPI) to cover damages to windows/glass, locks, and tires is € 6.00/day.
- Optional personal accident insurance (PAI) is € 4.00/day.
- Insurance for driving in Spain – 50.00 EUR. The optional cross border insurance for Spain only provide road side assistance up to 250 km from the Portuguese border town of Vila Real de Santo Antonio. Beyond 250 km it is the renters responsibility to arrange repair or return of the rental car.
In case of the Portuguese cross border without authorizations:
- The car has no valid insurance.
- All damages are the full responsibility of the main driver.
- Extra travel cost charges will apply of 15 cents/km used in abroad.
- The insurance does NOT cover:
- Damages to the wheels, tires, windows, keys and locks. These items are only covered when the SPI theft -Super Plus Insurance is purchased.
- Damages inside the car;
- Damage to the underside of the car due to negligent or off road use;
- Damages from deliberate violation of the terms and conditions of the rental agreement or gross negligence;
- Accidents caused by over speeding;
- Accidents not involving another vehicle caused by negligence of the driver ( e.g. denting the car while parking in a private place, reversing in a private parking, driving on the wrong side of the motorway, driving the car in to water;
- Damages sustained while the driver was under influence of alcohol, drugs or any other type of narcotic or medical substances;
- Further, a police report: AUTO DE OCORRENCIA is mandatory, always requested for the insurance company and Yes Car Hire-AR VI, to cover, no matter the circumstances of the accident/damage to the car.
- The Vehicle must not be driven by anyone other than you and then only under the condition that your ability to drive is not in any way impaired by mental or physical incapacity or restricted by the Law.
- If you wish to take the Vehicle outside the country of rental, you must check that the Yes Car Hire-AR VI Terms & Conditions so permit you and, where necessary, obtain Yor car hire prior written consent.
- Some restrictions may apply with respect to:
- Loading the vehicle on trains, boats, ferries or similar means of transportation
- Taking the vehicle from the mainland onto an island;
- Taking certain types of vehicles across borders.
- You must take care of the Vehicle, keep it in good repair and condition, pay any fines for which you may be liable, reimburse Yes Car Hire-ARVI for any damage to the Vehicle, and refund Yes Car Hire-ARVI for any costs it incurs.
- You are liable for all fees, taxes, fines and penalties incurred in connection with the use of the Vehicle and for which Yes Car Hire-ARVI is charged, unless they have arisen through the fault of Yes Car Hire-ARVI.
- Yes Car Hire-ARVI will apply Administration charges for the answer of fines!
- During the rental period you must carry out the usual checks (engine oil level, tyre pressure, etc.) as would any careful user and you must respect the maintenance cycle of the Vehicle as stated in the maintenance guide, if any.
- When parking the Vehicle, even for a short period, you undertake to lock it and make use of the Vehicle’s alarm and/or immobilisation equipment. You must never leave the Vehicle unoccupied with the keys in the ignition. Non-return of the keys will lead to invalidation of the theft cover.
- You undertake to use the Vehicle in a responsible manner and in particular, only for the purposes for which it is intended. For a car, this means primarily carrying passengers other than for hire and reward.
- In particular, you must not use the Vehicle under any of the following conditions or for any of the following purposes:
- Driving the Vehicle under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other type of narcotic substances
- Transportation of inflammable or dangerous goods, as well as toxic, corrosive, radioactive or other harmful substances
- Carrying anything which, because of its smell or condition, harms the Vehicle or causes Yes Car Hire-ARVI to lose time or money before it can rent the Vehicle again
- Transportation of live animals (with the exception of domestic pets, subject to prior authorisation by Yes Car Hire-ARVI)
- with a roof rack, luggage carrier or similar, unless supplied by Yes Car Hire-ARVI
- Re-rental to or use by other persons
- Carrying passengers for hire or reward
- Participating in rallies, competitions or trials, wherever they may take place
- Giving driving lessons
- Pushing or towing another vehicle (except those vehicles equipped by Yes Car Hire-ARVI with a towing-hook; maximum load 1,000 kg), or exceeding the authorised load weight.
- Travelling on non-paved roads or on roads, the surface or state of repair of which could put the vehicle’s wheels, tyres or its under body mechanics at risk
- Intentionally committing any offence.
- None of the goods and baggage carried in the Vehicle, including their packing and stowage equipment, will be permitted to damage the Vehicle, nor put the occupants abnormally at risk
- In any way which breaks the highway Code, road traffic laws or any other laws.
- You will be liable for any offence committed during the rental period which relates in any way to your use of the Vehicle, as if you were the owner of the Vehicle. Upon the request of the Police or any official body Yes Car Hire-ARVI may have to transfer your personal data. Such transfer will be done in accordance with the data protection Laws of Portugal.
Yes car hire-Powered by AR VI reserve the right to alter or change the conditions on our webpage, confirmation email or cancellations, without prior notice.
THEREFORE IN ANY CASE, NEITHER YES CAR HIRE-ARVI NOR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES WILL BE LIABLE TO THE CONTRACTING PARTY FOR ANY AMOUNTS NOR FOR ANY ACTIONS, LAW SUITS OR CLAIMS RELATED TO ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE DAMAGES (SUCH AS LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFIT) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE RENTAL OR THE USE OF ANY VEHICLE WHEHER THE ACTION IS BASED ON CONTRACT OR IN TORT. YOU WILL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD YOR CAR HIRE-ARVI HARMLESS FROM ALL CLAIMS, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR EXPENSES ARISING OUT OF THE RENTAL AND/OR THE USE OF THE VEHICLE.